25-28th July 2018, Lancaster University, UK
The 2018 EASST conference and its hosts, the Lancaster Centre for Science Studies (CSS), welcomed 950 colleagues to Lancaster University.
Programme – view the online programme using the panel/convenor/author/chronological pages (as well as the timetable page). You can download the printed programme as a PDF from here.
EASST initiated a mentorship programme to help support career development for junior scholars and to facilitate networking and the exchange of ideas., through a minimum of one conversation during the conference, where mentor and mentee discuss their work and mentees are able to ask questions regarding both research and career path. Contact Dara Ivanova (students(at)easst.net) for information.
A doctoral workshop Invent your job, took place the day before the conference. For more info see here.
Local organising committee
- Brian Bloomfield (Centre for Science Studies/ Department for Organization, Work and Technology)
- Dawn Goodwin (Centre for Science Studies/Division of Medicine) (Co-chair of Programme Committee)
- Adrian Mackenzie (Centre for Science Studies/Department of Sociology/Data Science Institute)
- Nils Markusson (Lancaster Environment Centre)
- Maggie Mort (Centre for Science Studies/Department of Sociology)
- Celia Roberts (Centre for Science Studies/Centre for Gender and Women’s Studies/Department of Sociology)
- Vicky Singleton (Centre for Science Studies/Centre for Gender and Women’s Studies/Department of Sociology) (Co-chair)
- Lucy Suchman (Centre for Science Studies/Centre for Gender and Women’s Studies/Department of Sociology)
- Bron Szerszynski (Centre for the Study of Environmental Change /Department of Sociology)
- Richard Tutton (Centre for Science Studies/Department of Sociology/Institute for Social Futures) (Co-chair)
- Gordon Walker (Lancaster Environment Centre/ESRC DEMAND) (Co-chair of Programme Committee)
- Claire Waterton (Centre for the Study of Environmental Change/Department of Sociology)
- Lisa Wood (Centre for Science Studies/Division of Medicine)